Friday, February 08, 2008

Back to school, back to school.

Oh, my god, you guys.
Today it was made official: I'm going back to school. By the end, I'll legally be able to poke hobos and junkies with needles, which is sweet, because if I am having a hard time, the junkies will be able to show me how to get 'er done.

I graduated from school for the first time in 2003, at the responsible age of 21, when normal people usually finish and get on with their lives. As many of you know, I took the photography program at a very small school in Victoria, where I learned some very key things about post-secondary education:

1)I can stay up for three days straight if I need to.....With a couple of slurpees and an entire box of those trucker pills with the cartoon rooster on the box.

2)BC homegrown is fantastic. So fantastic that you can wreck entire assignments when you get fixated and take one too many blurry shots of funny-looking pigs on Saltspring Island, when the assignment has nothing to do with funny pigs.

3)If you don't let out your stress by getting out once in while, things will really come to a head at the end of the year when you end up drunkenly running down the beach naked in front of the entire school, before it's even dinner-time.

Lessons learned, right?

I don't even know if I'll be able to assimilate back into the student lifestyle. I guess if things don't work out, I can always drop out and live off of the government. After almost a year of working with the needy, I've learned how to swindle the social services of this city pretty well. In fact, I could probably make more money that way. Anyway, I am going to give school the old college try. It could be interesting.

I'm pretty positive that I'm going to be the oldest student ever, and they're probably going to make me sit in a grandma-style rocking chair to write exams, but I'll show all of those young'ns when I'm running down the beach naked at the end of the year.

Wish me luck!

~sarah p.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

since you're going to school, you should go back to camp.

Anonymous said...

so whatch gonna study? nursing? then you can be camp nurse too!!!

so i miss you call you later

Anonymous said...

OOooooh you guys. Did I mention that I'm still going to be working full-time on top of school?

Truthfully, more than anything in the world, I'd like to be making my triumphant return to Connecticut. I'm kinda taking pre-nursing right now to see how things pan out. My life has taken a very different direction from anything I've ever imagined, so I'm taking little steps right now.
Finishing school is going to mean that, at some point, I'm going to have a lot more cash. This means that it would be a million times easier to keep my life going up here (rent, bill, ect, ect..), while escaping to my favorite place on earth for a few months.

I have a feeling my return to Connecticut is in the near future. Maybe I should stay for good this time?