Saturday, December 28, 2013

2013.

Christmas Eve morning, and then again last night, I was on one of Reggie and my famous World's Slowest Walks (TM Reggie 2013). Standing on the corner on the usually crowded street, watching the stop lights turn from red to yellow to green and back again without a single car passing by, in a strangely quiet moment in my own head, I was able to put some things into perspective. Most people would think I was crazy to say this, but 2013 has probably been the best year of my life. I learned and changed and grew the fuck up. I've had some hard lessons on how to protect my best interests, and own heart (without protecting it too much, right?). I have so much to be thankful for, and owe the greatest of gratitude to all of the wonderful people in my life that helped me through some tough times. I have truly obtained the knowledge on how to take responsibility for my own happiness, and, as the ball drops on Tuesday night, I just know that 2014 is going to be perfect. Much love to all of you out there. Happy New Year.

~sarah p. 

p.s. My mom always says to have a bath on New Year's Day to wash the previous year down the drain, but I'm just going to do it because I spend a fortune on fancy bath products, and kind-of like seeing myself naked.

No comments: