Monday, July 25, 2011

Bac-O

I really overdid it with the Bac-O bits this weekend. Not bacon bits. Bac-O. You know what I'm talking about. Those little scraps of cardboard that they paint with a pork-flavored reddish food coloring. The little spongy bits that come in a can and have never touched a fatty slice of bacon in their (surprisingly long) shelf lives.
What started with a small amount sprinkled on a baked potato at dinner time progressed into generous handfuls later in the evening. By the time I was shaking the last few out of the bottom of the container, and letting the last salty bits dissolve on my tongue, the love affair was over. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I do not think that I will ever be able to handle anything "bac-o"-flavored again... Trips to the salad bar will never be the same.

~sarah p.

p.s.
This:

Reminds me of this:
The big difference? The second is a fictional product on The Simpsons, and the first is a real product I bought at the store the other week that smells THE WORST. Nuts and lemon? Come on now.

No comments: