Monday, January 30, 2012

Day Off.

Instead of waking up early and trudging up to work today, I took the day off. I have not been handling stress very well lately, as displayed by my never-ending head colds and desperate need to come home from work every Friday night and hibernate in a fort of blankets and sadness until Monday morning. I really needed an extra day to relax and get my head on straight.

On a normal Monday, I pick up a coffee about halfway to work, and drink it in a hurry so that I'm alert and ready to hit the ground running upon my arrival. This morning, I made coffee at 11-ish, a full hour after I woke up, and drank the whole pot slowly while I watched a show about killer jellyfish (they exist?!).

At this time on a usual weekday, I am trying to juggle paperwork and conversations with homeless kids about how to get rid of scabies. Today, rather, I gave the dog a bath.

Also, I took some time and got lost in the vast world of celebrity gossip on the internet. Here are a few things I learned this morning:

1) Those of us who enjoy sad-ish Will Ferrell movies have already watched 'Everything Must Go', but did you know that the fat, nerdy kid in that movie was Christopher "Biggie" Wallace's eldest son? It's true! This flick was alright, but I'm more of a "Will Ferrel making bad career choices" fan... I always make an effort to catch 'Kicking and Screaming' when it's on YTV, because there's something magical about watching Will Ferrell in a soccer movie about trying to coach a team of misfit assholes that can't play soccer at all. Of course he's not a good coach. Come on, you guys.
2) Elvis was a natural blonde.
3) "I'd take out a joint and light it. First, just faking it. Then I started lighting live joints, passing them around to the band, you know. I was great, it relieved all my tensions. And I ended up with the greatest supply of grass ever. Other acts up and down the Strip heard about what I was doing - Little Anthony and the Imperials, people like that - and started sending me the best dope in the world. I never ran out." -Barbra fucking Streisand
4) Steely Dan was once called 'Leather Canary' (grrrreat band name), and Chevy Chase was their drummer.
5) Aerosmith's 'Dude Looks Like A Lady' was written about Vince Neil. Ha!

It's back to the grind tomorrow, but today I will try to make pumpkin pancakes later in the afternoon. Or french toast... I'm not typically a fan of eating in the mornings, and today I'm not bound by the regular weekday mealtimes.
Fuck it. I'm on vacation for another eighteen hours. I might not even clean up the kitchen until tomorrow.

(Just kidding, I'm totally OCD about a clean kitchen. That shit will be tidy to-night).


xo

Your pal,

~sarah p.

No comments: