Saturday, November 16, 2013

10 Things About My Upcoming Move.

1. For the first time in my life, I hired movers. Let's hope they're the seasoned, efficient type (the type with non-ironic mustaches), and not the swarthy, lazy, careless kind. Odds are not great that they will be the former.

2. When I take a bath now, I get feeling all relaxed, and then I open my eyes and look up and *bam*, toilet. In my new bathroom, there is no clear view of anything gross from the bathtub, which means all of those pricey bath products I buy might be finally be worth it.

3. I am painting my new place dark teal, bright peach, and steel grey, because I can.

4. I have been making a really conscience effort to downsize, so I have been sorting through boxes and chucking stuff, and there is nothing in this world that will make you feel more like a slob. In an old storage container, I found half a pack of Big League Chew in a flavor that hasn't existed since 1996, and now I'm super disappointed in myself. 

5. Here are some more things I won't miss about my old house: worrying that it will burn down due to sketchy wiring, worrying about the roof blowing off, worrying about the storm windows breaking in a hail storm, worrying about our yearly issues with roots in the waste-water pipes, worrying, worrying, worrying.

6. I got a new bed, because my current one is lumpy, won't fit in my new bedroom, and has a long and disgusting history.

7. My realtor bought me an awesome congratulations cake to my work that was the size of a football field, and made me super popular for the day.

8. My (divorced) parents are getting along now?

9. As a moving present, I got a new set of fancy pots and pans which will probably, hopefully, make me a better cook. Also, my new place has a bigger kitchen than any place I have lived in my entire life!

10. This time, next week, all of my belongings will be in my new place, and I can finally fucking chill for a minute.

~sarah p. 

No comments: