Friday, November 08, 2013

Great Things!

I was never a person that believed in luck or Karma, but after a good month-and-a-half of breakup hell, it's  tough to ignore the world's wheels in motion. Here a fabulous list of wonderful things that have happened since this all went down:

1. I sold a house in two days. Probably mostly thanks to my amazing home-staging skills (throw pillows and vacuuming, guys).

2. I bought a great condo within three weeks. A fine little dwelling in the middle of downtown, where I can snuggle Reggie and Tina, and then do lunch and coffee and wander around as slow as I want, all I want, all day, every day.

3. I had to go sign papers at the lawyer's office with my ex, and he looked like he was in the middle of the biggest bender of his life. The minute he left, the lawyer started commenting on how much I looked like the chick from CBS's Nashville. I hadn't showered, I currently have the cough from hell, and was in my dingy work clothes. The compliment was probably not true at all, but RIGHT?

4. Gear Up was yesterday! Gear Up is a big event for anyone in my industry. Annually, all the youth-serving agencies in Calgary band together for one day and help set up our kids for the cold winter months. The day went off without a fight, a visible drug-deal, or a single arrest. Plus, I got the most full-body hugs in a single day than I have ever, ever gotten, and had my hair twirled by a three-year-old.

5. I came into work this morning to the most exciting present from my fabulous co-workers- four pairs of shoes (pictured above). Vintage fur boots for stylish walks with Reggie, red slip-ons for lazy days, and two limited-edition Vans mids (Kiss and Robert Crumb) that I'm pretty sure are going to change my entire life.

6. If I lose another ten pounds on the "divorce diet", I may actually start to look like the chick from Nashville. Actually, fuck it. So long as Hawkins Cheezies are still in production, that is never, ever going to happen.

7. Financially, I am making out better than expected in the sale of our house. I am taking a vacation, bitches.

8. Dam Funk and Snoop Dogg are releasing an album.

9. I finally ordered the exact right fucking amount of Japanese takeout.

10. I have been rather cocky these past few weeks. This wouldn't normally be a good thing, but I'm normally the most under-confident human being on the entire planet, and this is the one damn time I'm ever going to peacock around this city. I'm proud of myself, and proud of my choices, and fortunate to have changed my life path in such a seamless way, in such a short period of time. Most importantly, without making a total dick out of myself. I'm thankful to have escaped a shitty situation, and excited for the next chapter. Thanks to all for your love and support.

~sarah p. 

p.s. Guys! Mutual agreement: no more break-up posts! Sorry!

No comments: