Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My x-mas list:

Yesterday, my mom asked me to write her a list of stuff I want for Christmas. I told her "Mom, it's simple. I want money and more money, and maybe some of those marshmallow Peeps that look like trees, but not chicks because chicks aren't festive, and I don't even think they make the chick-shaped ones in December."

So, that's it. Money and marshmallows.

To be perfectly honest, the whole traditional gift-giving Christmas thing is pretty new to me... Growing up, we always took the money that we would spend on us, and used it to sponsor a needy family. So, we've just started giving/receiving gifts within the past few years, mostly to pay lip-service to my stepdad. I feel really awkward about getting gifts. I understand that the holidays aren't just about gifts and blah blah blah, but I still feel really strange about the whole thing...Plus I am like the worst gift-giver in the world. If you want to receive a gift that you didn't ever really want, and would never actually use, then ask for a gift from me.

P.S.
Beer Mat art? Hell yes.

P.P.S.
Money can be sent in the form of cash, cheques, or money order.

P.P.P.S.
I'm also accepting plane tickets to Connecticut (mid-June, please) as gifts.

P.P.P.P.S.
Seriously, though...Please don't buy me any gifts, unless they're of the cupcake variety.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky I get 8 nites of gifts!

Sorry love. I cant afford to send you money, but the Marshmellows are on thier way!

Anonymous said...

what about gifts of the popcorn variety?