Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Secret Admirers.

Today at the office, I received a potted daisy. On the card, it had a question-mark where the name should be.

Having a secret admirer is nice, because you can pretend it's whoever you want it to be.
My secret admirer? He knows all the words to every Kanye-produced track (even the obscure ones). He knows how to sculpt cakes, because he knows that I think that cake-sculpting is a rarely appreciated art-form (one time I saw an Alf cake when I was a kid, and wow...It was amazing). He has nice shoes, and thinks that having a cat is a nice thing to do (even if he doesn't have one).
I hope he's like that, or he's a dinosaur that's always the life of the party, and wears limited-edition sweatshirts. And when I'd go anywhere, people would be like "where's your wacky dinosaur boyfriend? I love that guy."


.... This all kinda loses it's charm when I realize that, in all likelihood, the daisy is probably from one of the creepy security guards, or one of my not-so-cool patients. Awesome.



p.s. It's totally not someone that knows me, because most of my pals know that I'm not really into flowers (but take note, future secret admirers, I really, really like cassingles, exotic fruits, and almond tarts).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your secret admirer! i hope it turns out Ok.

in non-related news, i've posted my two most recent shows for you & allison.

~sarah p. said...

To be honest, I really don't want to know who it is. If anything, it makes me a little nervous. (I think I do know, and I'm pretending that it's not who I think it is).
For now, I will pretend that it was Jay-Z.

In non-related news, you're my favorite person in the world, Marco, for posting those shows. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh marco, charming/ sweet Sarah should have luck and lets hope. (fingers crossed) that it is not a security guard!!!!!
PS...
Thanks A Bunch For the Download!

PPS....I have a confession...its ME (john wayne gacy) and my split personality..

Luv Ya
Allison

Anonymous said...

I think we all know it's not me! I def. would have sent a ukulele, to play while you practiced your dancing.

~sarah p. said...

Nicole, I would appreciate the ukulele to no end, considering that I am now a WORLD CHAMPION HULA DANCER. Yes, thanks to you, I have now reached my full heights of being amazing.
Love you!
(to be 100% honest, I actually own a ukulele. Not joking at all).