Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Remember when RapCity was good?

With stress on an extreme incline at work, my sanity has been wavering. Having visitors for midday eye-exams eases some of the tension, but the thing that's been helping more than anything is old-school videos. In between patients, I've been having my very own RapCity marathons (and not the newer, shittier RapCity, either) in my office.

Here's some of my favorites:

Redman - Tonight's Da Night

(people always sleep on Redman if he's not hanging around Meth, but dude's had his serious moments)

De La Soul - A Rollerskating Jam Named "Saturdays"


KRS One - Outta Here

Schoolly D - I Don't Like Rock'n'Roll


The Firm ft. Dr Dre - Phone Tap


Raekwon - Ice Cream
(easily one of my favorite jams ever)

Nas - One Love

Masta Ace Incorporated- The I.N.C. Ride
(Masta Ace was all about driving around aimlessly and burning elbows, which are good things to think about when things get stressful)

Method Man and and Mary J Blige - I'll Be There For You
(I'm pretty sure I was listening to this jam the first time I ever got felt-up)

Pharcyde - She Said (Jay Dee Remix)
(R.I.P. Dilla)


Due to some glitches in the system , things are going to be terrible at work for the next little while, so I'm sure I'll hit you back with another list of videos soon. Send some good vibes my way, guys.... I'm going to need them.

~sarah p.

No comments: