Sunday, June 10, 2007

Garage sales.

Two years ago, I was supposed to help my mom out with her annual garage sale that she organizes for the whole neighbourhood (now is a good time to mention that, a week away from her 50th birthday, my mom has more conviction than I will ever, ever have). Long story short, I ended up getting absolutely slaughtered at Crystal's, and was up dancing and drinking until 5:30AM. I had to get up and help mom at 8:30AM, and I was a fucking wreck. I'd like to say that I helped out that day, but the only thing I ended up doing was puking a whole bunch and sleeping on the porch. My mom didn't ever say that I actually hurt her feelings, but I know that I was a pretty terrible child that morning.
To this day, I kinda feel like an asshole for that episode, so I was determined to help out properly this year. I had some good company, so I actually stayed in on the Friday (!), and in the morning, I even gathered up a few things to put in the sale. In total, I had the potential of making probably $40 off of my old shit, but I walked away with $3.

I did, however, get more wasted than I ever would on a normal Saturday, and I scored some earrings that solve the dilemma of 'gold or silver?' (pictured here on some gangsta-ass neoprene, 'cuz I ball like that).
~sarah p.

p.s. Word to the wise: in the gold vs silver debate, there's never any contest... Gold always wins. Put your brights on and make 'em NV.

No comments: