Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just take my word for it.

We arrived at the Boyz II Men show at 9-ish, and the floor was already packed. We pushed into the crowd as far as we could, and stood around waiting for something to happen. After hearing 'In Da Club' 76 times, and having some guy with a tucked-in t-shirt rubbing his ass on my elbow for twenty minutes, Crystal and I decided that we really didn't need to be standing on the floor after all. We waded back through the sea of hair gel and tube tops, and eventually settled into our spot behind the soundcheck guys. Who needs to see the stage anyway, right?

They opened with Motownphilly, which was pretty much the only song I really, really cared about. At some point, I got kinda bummed, because I thought that there was no way in hell I'd get any photos (not even grainy, shaky photos). Luckily, some amazing asian kid and his girlfriend came to the rescue. They pulled some sort of Wondertwins super-maneuver, when she sat on the ledge of the wall, and he stood on a stool, and she held him up from behind while he took photos for me. Anyway, he's what I ended up with (I know they're sooo tough to actually decipher, but we really did see Boyz II Men! Just take my word for it):




Besides hearing Motownphilly live, the best part of the night was the fact that this soundcheck guy totally wore his jizz-rag to the bar. He probably thought that no one would notice, but then the black lights came on... Bu-sted!
~sarah p.

No comments: