Tuesday, April 12, 2005

In a Ron Bronson-esque post....

Here's my top-25 most played list from my i-pod for this week (in no particular order):

1. Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution
2. Chairmen of the Board - Give Me Just a Little More Time
3. Roots Manuva - Double Drat
4. M.I.A. - Galang
5. James Brown - Talking Loud and Saying Nothing
6. Kings of Convenience - Love is No Big Truth
7. Kelis - Trick Me
8. The Shins - Caring is Creepy
9. Tyrone Davis - Can I Change My Mind
10. Feist - One Evening
11. Metric - Grow Up and Blow Away
12. Nuspirit Helsinki - Honest (Jazzanova remix)
13. Basement Jaxx feat. Dizzee Rascal - Lucky Star
14. Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead
15. De La Soul - Shopping Bags
15. DJ Format feat. Abdominal - The Hit Song
16.Nick Drake - Things Behind the Sun
17.Nas feat. Rising Sun - Thief's Theme
18. Rilo Kiley - Hail to Whatever You Found in the Sunlight That Surrounds You
19. The Spinners - Games People Play
20. Who Da Funk - In The Night (vocal mix)
21. Khalito- Spoiled
22. Hieroglyphics feat. Souls of Mischief - Cab Fare
23. Matt Sharp & Maya Rudolph - Not Tonight
24. Kid Creme - Hypnotizing (Fashionista 2K2 mix)
25. Manic Street Preachers - Ocean Spray

Hey! So for a very limited time, I'll give you guys an awesome download of my favorite radio show, Fat Beat Diet... http://www.beatdiet.com/mpthree/fbd-2005-04-05.mp3
If you like it, you can also listen to the show online every Thursday night on CJSW.

Also, there is a ton of hot downloads on www.calgarysoul.com.... Be sure to check out Rob Faust's sets, he is the DJ behind Flashlight at HiFi (on Fridays), and I think we all know how much I love Flashlight.

Night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that you had a Matt Sharp f/Maya Rudolph song and I'm like WHAT?! So I had to go find it and well, I like it.

Great stuff, Sarah. Glad you're lovin' MIA. She's pretty awesome.

Anonymous said...

I saw that you had a Matt Sharp f/Maya Rudolph song and I'm like WHAT?! So I had to go find it and well, I like it.

Great stuff, Sarah. Glad you're lovin' MIA. She's pretty awesome.

~sarah p. said...

Yeah, it's actually a cover of a Tegan & Sara song....Sent to me by Sara herself. Matt Sharp and Maya Rudolph made it for Sara's birthday a while back. Maya used to sing backup for Weezer, and Matt used to tour with Tegan and Sara. I grew up just around the corner from the girls, and once in a while, they'll send me a neat song or two. Glad you like it!

Anonymous said...

If you like Fat Beat Diet you should check out Marco's posts on the Listener.