Monday, May 14, 2007

Growing soft.

I walked out of my office tonight for the last time, and I actually felt kinda sad for a minute. What ever happened to the Sarah that would leave nasty goodbye notes to my bosses in places where they would find them a few weeks later? What happened to the anti-authority, spiteful employee that would shake my head in disgust as I walked out the door for the last time, throwing up peace-signs behind my back at my ex-coworkers?

Am I getting soft in my old age? N'doubt.

It really is time for a job-change for me, but at this point, I'm really wondering what the hell I'm thinking. I'm leaving a job I like to go to another job that's full of all of the parts I didn't enjoy about my current job. For example, there will be no more sneaking out for three-hour lunches, no more days where I duck out at 2:30 to have a nice afternoon.... I'm trading that in for more hobos, seniors, and frustrated mothers than I've ever dealt with before (and I've dealt with a lot).
That being said, I always thought that I would need to take up a career in dealing hard drugs in order to make a proper living, so it's nice to know that I'll be doing something semi-respectable to put some fins in my pocket.

Wish me luck (because I'm going to need it... Honestly).

~sarah p.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two gay men decide its time to start a family. Realizing the obvious hurdles, they hire a surrogate and donate a bit of specimen. The surrogate is successfully inseminated, and nine months later they become proud parents of a baby boy.

They rush to hospital to see the little miracle, only to be further delighted at the peaceful demeanor of their son. As they continue cooing at their son in the viewing area, they boast that their son “is the sweetest baby in the whole room” as he refrains from crying while the other infants continuously scream and cry in a fit of uniform hysterics.

The nurse scoffs at their narcissistic attitudes and replies, “Sure, he’s OK now… Just wait till you take the pacifier outta his ass.”




You're gonna make rock and roll on everyone's face at your new job.

Own that shit, holmes.

~sarah p. said...

Thanks, tiger.