Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Yeahbutnobutyeah...

Am I really getting that old? I took this test today on teen-slang, and I failed miserably. With all of the time I've spent around children, you'd think I'd be totally hip to their language (I am, however, lucky enough to know what Thunder Tag is). I'm worried that I'm starting to look like the creepy older lady that hangs out at the bar and makes all of the 18-year-olds feel a little uncomfortable. I haven't started to wear leather pants or animal prints yet, so I guess I'm still safe... For now. Do me (and the world) a favor and stop me from going out to the bar when I have false teeth and a pension. Thanks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you're too old to hang out in bars, well... that makes me... nevermind.

i wouldn't worry about it -- it's a bbc poll. those britkids' slang isn't continentally transferable, unless of course, you're listening non-stop to lady sov, dizzee, wiley, and kano. you need to find yourself a north american slang test. if you get 3/10 on that one, then you're in trouble.

hope yer feelin' better from your cold.

Anonymous said...

Once you hit your cougar days, it'll pretty much mean I'm a coug too, so call me and we will cougar the nation together!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, i took the test, and got a 50. Don't worry about it.

Anonymous said...

err... what is thunder tag?

~sarah p. said...

Do I have to say it?
Ummmm.... Okay. I only know this because I've spent a hell of a lot of time around children, but Thunder Tag is a lovely type of tag where the tagger has to, um, hold down and flatulate on the tagee.
Thanks, boys. I'm sure every gal that's ever had to experience Thunder Tag feels lucky to have been given access to such a wonderful and awesome game.

(just joking, it is actually kind-of amusing to watch)

Anonymous said...

ahh...

thanks for the info. but, its ok to say fart. even though girls don't do it.