Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy Birthday, Crystal!

Guess who turned 26 on Friday? We went over to the Marquee Room, which is pretty much the hottest shit that's ever happened on a Friday in this town, and tore some holes in the dancefloor.

This pic's a little blurry, but as you can see, I was dancing so hard that you can actually see the heat-waves coming off of me (or maybe they're stink-lines? In which-case, nevermind).

It's been a full week since we've gotten this sweaty.

See? The night's on fiyahhhhhhh.

Then, on Saturday, it was off to Broken City for a fairly sober evening (I know, I'm surprised too).

Look closely, I think that there's a ghost trying to bust out of Chris' chest.

It really just comes down to dollars and cents.

So, I'm there with Jess and Lindsay, who is from Nova Scotia, and she runs into some guys from back home, and it just so happens that they live right across the street from me! The, later on in the evening, this other kid informed me that he lives on my street, and I petted his dog the other day (this could have also been some form of innuendo, I don't know). Everyone seemed pretty excited that I was in the neighbourhood, but people should be careful what they wish for.

Matt, my new neighbour, understands the value of cheap booze! That's got to be a good sign.

~sarah p.

p.s. On my way home from work, I was walking past the park, and a bee stung me on my lower back (as in right-above-the-ass territory). I got so amazingly mad. It's early spring..... Aren't bugs supposed to be dead right now? Fuuuuck.
Then, I walked past this guy's apartment, and he was playing the Thompson Twins' Lies sooooo loud. I thought about him, and how he probably heard that song this morning on his Totally 80's internet radio station, and it probably brought him back to 1983, when this was his summer jam after that chick dumped him for some guy with feathered bangs. He probably hung out by his computer all day at the office, hoping the station would play it again (probably even going as far as pretending that he had a lot of 'catching up to do' at lunchtime so that he wouldn't miss it if it came on). At the end of the day, he was probably so, so jazzed to get back to his apartment and download that shit and open all the windows and let the world hear his favorite song.
By the time I got home, I was so stoked for the guy that I pulled the stinger out of my back with a smile on my face.

No comments: