Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm in, Ron...

Ron passed the musical baton to me, so here I go....

Total volume of music on my computer: Right under 3.8 GB right now, but growing every day.

The last CD I bought: Hed Kandi Spring Sampler 2005 (and I haven't stopped dancing since...).

Song playing right now: Pictures of Success-Rilo Kiley

Five songs I listen to a lot (in no particular order):

~Oh My God - A Tribe Called Quest
~Superstition - Stevie Wonder
~Say Yes - Elliot Smith
~Wanna Be Starting Something - Michael Jackson
~Unchain My Heart - Ray Charles

Three very sweet people to whom I’m passing the baton:

~Nicole Boardway (who has proven to me way too many times that she can burn a proper mix cd).
~Kate Tucci ( Just so the rest of you know, you need special permission to get onto Mrs. Tucci's site, because she a bit toooo popular, if you know what I mean, and I'm sure you don't.) :)
~Chris Tucci (Who I know has some seriously good taste in music).


As for the rest of you, the Awosting staff is looking for a new song for the summer. Last year, the official song was "Brick House". The song is mainly used for the staff, and mainly played at, umm, the local watering hole.
Here are the rules for the song:

1. Bob Gaynor (the main music guy at Ditto's) should probably already know it, or should be able to easily learn it.
2.It should be a song that pretty much everyone can recognize when they hear it for the first time (not too obscure)
3. The words shouldn't be too complicated , as we must be able to sing the song while in a not-so-sober state.
4. It must make you feel like dancing...Right NOW.

We need suggestions, and we need them now. The summer starts soon.


Last of all, I'd like to present the official roster for the CLC 2005....

Teaching ceramics for the second year in a row, Melony B.
Official sophomore Cabin 1 mommy, Sarah B.
Rookie gymnastics instructor, Jen J.
Behind the lens for year #3, Sarah P.

Beside the CLC, Nicole B will be rocking the infirmary.

Keeping Boulder Ridge Daycamp in line, Kate T (official honorary member).

It's going to be a great summer, girls!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rubberband Man - The Spinners

This tune will get you on the good foot in no time.

~sarah p. said...

I love the Spinners!!! Good call.

Anonymous said...

yo sarah keep rocking that elliott smith...if that's something that can be "rocked"

-jon b (camp less than a month?!)