Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Afrikadey/Coffee

There are three main reasons to go to Afrikadey this year (all food-based reasons aside):
1. K'naan on Sunday.
2. Cosm of the mighty DFE will be spinning (for more DJ Cosm, check out SuperFli Thursdays, with his DFE partner, Teekay, at Cafe Koi, and Mental Illness on CJSW on Sundays at 3:30).
3. It's like two minutes away from my house.

It should be pretty great.


In other news, I have very little willpower.
I quit my daily coffee habit a month and a half ago, and yet this morning, Amy showed up with with a jumbo double/double in her hand, and I couldn't say no (why would I use Tim Horton's coffee to fall off the wagon, anyway?). Now, I've got another cup on the go, and, to be honest, it is wonderful.
I initially quit because it was getting expensive, and I knew it wasn't good for me, but let's be honest, I really do love it!
Quitting was awful. I had headaches for a good couple of weeks in the morning, and would get a sad little feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I walked past a coffee shop.
I don't know why I felt I needed a cup today, perhaps it's the fact that, for the past week, I've felt like I am allergic to everything, and am not sleeping properly, or maybe it's the fact that I won't have any actual work to do in the office until 4PM, and I'm really bored. Rumor has it, coffee is an awfully good companion to boredom.
Back to 'Day 1-No Coffee' tomorrow.

~sarah p.

1 comment:

pickle said...

At least tim hortons is better than starbucks