Thursday, July 27, 2006

Some secrets (pt. 1).

I've decided to start a new feature here for when I run out of stuff to write about.
It's time to air out my dirty laundry, guys. Here are a few secrets that you may or may not know about me (more to come, on other days where my creativity is wavering):

1. There's this episode of Seinfeld where George thinks to himself "I think the ginger ale down at the coffee shop is just Coke and Sprite mixed together. How can I prove it?"
Well, back in my waitressing days, I worked for a place in Victoria where they totally made us do that. I only stayed at that job a few months, because I couldn't handle serving people fake ginger ale.

2. I've only been on TV five or six times in my life, but my most memorable experience happened at the Stampede when I was 11. Back in the day, channel nine was straight-up cable access. They were holding some sort of trivia game-show for an 'amazing prize' (more on this later). I was with my friends, and one of them knew the host through their parents. The host asked if one of us wanted to be a contestant on the show, and we all decided it should be me. While we were waiting for them to set up, I noticed some flash cards sitting on a barrel. Yep, the answers. I skimmed through them quickly, and cheated my way into an 'amazing prize' on a cable access trivia game-show. The amazing prize? A couple of tickets on the sky ride. Not even worth it (however, as a bonus, I actually looked smart for once).

3. I was convinced I had amazing magical powers until I was at least eight. Nowadays, we would probably refer to this as 'early psychosis'.



In other news MSTRKRFT is here tonight, and it's going to be fun (and that's no secret).

No comments: