Wednesday, September 13, 2006

You guys thought I was lying....

...But I really did start a batch of prison wine. For sake of authenticity, I should have used a toilet, but due to the fact that I live in a one-toilet household, some garbage bags in a box would have to do.

Here's all of my ingredients:
Once again, for sake of authenticity, I should have used mouldy bread in place of the yeast. However, have you ever tried to intentionally mould some bread in this city? I've done it, unintentionally, like a billion times, but if I try to do it, then the bread just dries into some sort of psuedo-toast. I didn't have a ton of grapes, so I threw in some plums and raisins, as well as some raspberries, an orange, and a grapefruit that had been in the fridge for over a month.


In this part of the process, you basically have to go buckwild on the fruit, and unleash some of your prison anger. I tried to think about court, lawyers, prison guards, and big scary guys that attack you in the shower. You know, stuff that would make a prisoner angry.


Some sugar, some yeast, some juice, and some water, and you're pretty much good to go (you'll have to excuse the kitty-scrubs, I was so excited to come home and make booze that I didn't even take off my work clothes).


Right now, it looks like something I would see the morning after being at the bar, but I swear it smells pretty fantastic. Knot the bag, and poke a few holes in the top (you're supposed to use a straw, but I didn't have one, so that'll have to wait until I get some tacos tomorrow).

...and that's it, guys. A week in the garage, and we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

~sarah p.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah P, you know what the fuck you are doing, thats for damn sure.

Anonymous said...

Like I said "You have taste it first so I know I won't get poisoned!"

claire said...

oh. my. god.
i need to read this blog more often.