Sunday, October 15, 2006

Downer.

I have been the ultimate downer for a couple of days now. I'm confused and uncomfortable and more than anything, kind-of sad, and it's all because I've been asked out on a few dates.
A couple of well-made Manhattans erased some of those feelings temporarily last night, but after a good walk home from downtown (without my i-pod) and too much thinking, everything came back in full-force. I just feel like after five quiet months, everything is happening all at once, and it's more than a little overwhelming. I'm forcing myself back out on the scene, but not without a ton of awkward feelings and unnecessary resistance.


Here's what I know about dating:

1. I hate it.
2. It's tough to measure anyone up to the best.
3. I hate it. A lot.

Sorry this wasn't my usual stupid mindless banter, but my brain's been on overdrive lately. Pics from the weekend tomorrow (Amsterdam Rhino is really giving me special feelings right now, you guys).

~sarah p.

p.s. Do you know how easy it is to drop a C-note on a single meal at Murrieta's? So easy (but it was really nice to get back to my wine-geek roots, and my meal was blindingly delicious).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dating is a jungle and you just have to cut through, wait what the fuck do I know about dating....... If you like what you see and you like what you hear, take it and roll