Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Grape Slurpees and Nyquil.

It had been almost three months since I've gotten sick, which is the very longest I've gone since the whole Lyme's Disease fiasco of '05. However, all good things must come to an end, and I've been delirious with fever for the past couple of days. I woke up Monday feeling kinda funny, but due to my regular weekend overindulgences, a lot of Mondays I feel a little "off". It wasn't until I got a note from my dear friend Pickle, stating that he was feeling pretty under the weather, that I started to question whether or not I was getting sick. He woke up Sunday morning with a fever and chills, and by Monday night, I was shaking and sweating myself.
I went to work on Tuesday morning (but mainly because I had to fax off a rental application) and stayed for less than an hour. I spent the day in a Nyquil-induced haze. This morning, I was sure I was going to feel better, but even after putting together a nice medicine cocktail, I was still in rough shape. However, due to severe understaffing , and a solidly-booked day, I had no choice but to head into work. Several times today, I passed by people that I should have said hi to, but my head was so foggy that I almost didn't recognize them. I called an adult patient a 'little turkey', and slept on the floor of the office on my lunchbreak. I'm not going into work tomorrow, no matter what. I don't assume I'll be at my current job for much longer, so I may as well use up those paid sick-days while I still can.

Point is, if I've given you a blank stare, or called you a strange name in the past couple of days, then I apologize. Any medication with "quil" at the end is a recipe for disaster.

Tonight, I'm not doing anything more intensive than trying to finish this grape slurpee that I've been working on for two days now. If somebody wants to come over and rub my achy muscles, then that would be pretty cool. Thanks.

~sarah p.


p.s. Big ups to all of my other sick peeps. Feel better soon, comrades.

1 comment:

Marco said...

little turkey? i love it.