Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The truth is....

If I were to sit down with my parents when I was younger, and try to assure them that I would never drink, experiment with drugs, or have pre-marital sex, the laughter from their side of the room would have been deafening.

With wacky events like chastity balls, where young girls pledge to their families that they'll abstain from sex until marriage, and studies saying drug-use is down in teens (sure, most kids aren't tripping balls on acid in the back of the classroom anymore, but they've gotta be doing something to forget the fact that they're plastered in acne, right?), the question remains: Are parents getting more naive, or are kids becoming better liars?

~sarah p.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonder if chastity balls hurt more than tennis elbow?

probably so.

~sarah p. said...

I think you are so great.

Anonymous said...

you = fabba-luss