Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Gourds and Sausages are better than your airbrushed canvas. Sorry, it's true.


If you've ever been around me when I was drunk, and asked me about my art-school experiences ( I know, I'm ashamed, too), or artists, then you'd know how I feel about the art-world in general (better yet, get both Dylan and I drunk and ask us... Entertaining).

Look, you guys, on the whole, it's all been done. You're not an amazing person because you threw together some supposed avant-guard piece and had it shown in someone's basement. You're not a genius, and what you don't realize is that, for the most part, you look like a pretentious asshole.

That being said, if you didn't know, shaping food like other stuff is the new hotness.
Have you seen this shit? See that sculpture of a man's chest? Yep, it's a gourd. Instead of throwing the gourd in the oven and serving it to his unhappy family like your average fella, this guy totally made it into a bust of a guy. I'll be a son of a bitch.
....And other people are doing it, too! (if someone finds and buys me the beer-bottle sausage, it is akin to a marriage proposal)
If you want to get a little respect around here, then go get some mashed potatoes and get to work.

~sarah p.

No comments: