Monday, January 08, 2007

Fresh from the east coast....

So, I'm sitting here, still marveling in my new Raekwon shirt, and I learn that Rob Phillips is in town for the week, which means a sweet Awosting reunion (and maybe I'll even get to see Karen). Yessss....
What the fuck? Is it official? You guys, I think early birthday presents might be better than real birthday presents. We'll see.

~sarah p.

p.s. Two more goals:

5. Start working toward getting myself on Jeopardy.
Today I signed up for the entrance test. Wish me luck! Pretty soon Alex Trebek is going to be winking at me from his podium, to my podium, and I'm going to give him a look like "maybe if you let me win....", and then when I win and Alex is rubbing on me in the green room, I'll be able to say "I said MAYBE, Alex... Now back off and give me my cheque.".


4. Watch more TV.
Fuck. All of this time I've been wasting doing god-knows-what could have been spent watching TV. These past few weeks have really reminded me of how much I like being a lazy slob. From now on, less thinking, more bloopers shows.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah P I just felt the need to read your blog and it only confirmed the fact that I think you're awesome, and I don't know why you don't live in Boston. Although, I've also just realized that all my favorite friends are canadians, however, I think it's just too cold there. So come live here already!-
Love your favorite person in the whole world who doesn't live in Canada, melony b.

Anonymous said...

p.s. i miss you!!!
p.p.s. happy early birthday
-mel b

~sarah p. said...

Melony,

The weather has been on it's best behavior this year, thus proving that you should move up here. Into my house. Even if it does get cold, we'd have our love to keep us warm (and as I recall, some sweet USC blankets).

I've thought about running the border to Boston before... We've already established that it's a pretty fun city, and I could eat Fenway hotdogs every day until I threw up. However, do you know how difficult immigration is for Canadians to the US? They think that I'm going to move to your country to try to commit tax fraud or something. Pfttt... Barely. At least, not enough for the government to notice.

In short, I miss you, and we should probably just move to some common ground... Perhaps Italy?

Love you!

~sarah p.

Anonymous said...

Sarah P I think you should stop right now and at least tell a bit of truth.... if you were going to the states you would be there for one purpose only...TO CONTRACT LYMES DISEASE.

Tell my fellow east coaster to have a sociable for me.

PS Sorry the postcard from Paris wasn't more timely.... I couldn't find your addy for a long long time.

~sarah p. said...

Hey, man. I couldn't help myself. The real truth is that I'm totally addicted to antibiotics, and could't wait to have a full 30-days prescribed to me. Thanks, ticks... Keep on speading that sweet disease around.

I played hookey from work today, and Rob and I went for a 3-hour lunch. We're meeting up with Jan and Karen later in the week. I am pretty excited.... A little bit of Connecticut in Calgary.

Wish you were here!

Anonymous said...

as long as it's not the southern part of italy where the mafia still keeps life in the slow lane. I think however, that if we're going to do this we should go balls to the wall and move to the Bahamas. Now that's the life.
-melony

ps, let's keep in mind that "not so cold" for calgary is probably frostbite temperature for me.
pps, hi nicole!