Thursday, January 18, 2007

One of my schemes worked (finally).

I haven't had a credit card in forever. The last time I had one, I was super young, it was under my mom's name, and didn't even count toward my credit rating. Long story short, I've barely even attempted to get a card since. I didn't even think it was worth trying.

There have been these cockfaces in the mall for two months now, and every single day they tried to lure me into applying for a card by offering me free gifts. They offered me picture frames, mini-fans, their first-born children.... Really though, I wasn't taking the bait. Then, this one day I was passing by, and they had some lil' radios that kind-of caught my eye. They also had calculators. With the wit of a used car salesman, I was able to scheme both prizes out of the girl at the counter, and all I had to do was give her a bunch of super personal numbers in return. Then, I forgot about it completely ('cept for the radio part, which is still rocking my world to this day).

About a month later, I got a call at work. It was Mastercard, and they were asking for my boss. Looking back I'm not sure why I did it, but I pretended I was her, and verified my own employment and grossly exaggerated earnings. In some circles, that could be considered "untruthful" or "fraudulent", but at this point, I was still positive that they were not going to give me a card.

Long story short, I get home today, and there's two white envelopes in the mailbox, both for me. I felt like I was dreaming when I opened up the fat envelope and saw the shiny corner of a card staring me in the face.

I bit that shit like it was a piece of solid gold, just to make sure it was real:...Story checks out, so I'm off to buy me some happiness.

Thanks, Mastercard. You're probably going to regret this one.

~sarah p.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahah your such a nut. Happy shopping!

Who needs clothes tree and garbage bags with multiple holes, when you have plastic money!

~sarah p. said...

Now, now. Let's not discount the personal life-lessons learned by carrying a garbage bag for miles in +30 weather, and having it rip and spill all over the freeway 11 times. Yes, I learned a thing or two about knot-tying that day, and the importance of not buying more than you can carry.

Anonymous said...

was that the time at camp that you brought back sweet day off goodies (ie world's most awesome pink kitty tshirt}
-sara d.

~sarah p. said...

Hmmm...
Tough call, Sara D.
I do remember that I bought rollerskates on that trip, because they were the main cause of the bag ripping over and over and over. I spent over $70 that day. At the Clothes Tree.
Lesson learned.