Friday, January 05, 2007

This is going too far.

I've really been thinking about my personal boundaries lately. Now that I'm almost 25, it's time to start thinking about things like: "How drunk am I going to allow myself to get?", or "How much money am I going to allow myself to spend on novelty candy in a month?".
In terms of fashion, last Friday I was given an answer to the question "Where is the exact point that the line ends on what I'm willing to wear?"

This velvet scrunchie was on the floor of the Drum. Every time I went in there, I would think about how awesome and 80's it would be if I started rocking scrunchies again. Then, I realized it was just the booze talking, and it hit me: this velvet scrunchie is my personal fashion boundary. If you see me wearing something like this in public, you have my full permission to kick me square in the face (don't worry, dudes, you don't have to aim very high).

~sarah p.

No comments: