Monday, November 22, 2004

The big secret....

Maybe it's not the hugest secret in the world....

Okay, so a couple of months ago, I got an e-mail from Jon Williams...It really got me thinking. The following is part of the e-mail that he sent to me:

"Yeah! As usual, everything I want\need just falls into my lap without any effort on my part.
I had a job interview in Kingston. It didn't seem to go very well but the trip to the office took me past Toys R Us on the way home and I applied there instead. Now I'm going to live in Kingston and work at a toy store. I hope I get a discount. Also, I met some Mormons on the way home from Toys R Us and they gave me my very own Book of Mormon. Score!"


I have really been hating my job these past couple of months. It is not a fun job at all. About a month ago, they cut my hours back, so I decided to run out and get a job that I'd like.

After a bit of searching, I find myself at a liquor store. I had my first day today, and it went so well! The job is fun and easy, and my co-workers are awesome.

Some might consider this a demotion, I don't seem like the type you'd see working at a liquor store. Seriously though, at this time it's the right thing to do. Plus, after months of intensive training, I like to think I know my sauce.

A funny tidbit: my mom has starting using the word "sauced". Good for you, mom.

Tonight, my mom made dinner for my sister, my uncle dale, and I. We made a good sunday dinner like my grandma would, and talked about all of our favorite grandma memories. At the end of the meal, my mom opened up her china cabinet, which is full of china that my grandma gave us, and brought out a cup for each of us. She poured us each a tiny bit of diet pepsi, my grandma's favorite drink, and we toasted to grandma's life. I'm so glad we did it...I think it all helped us feel so much better.


No comments: