Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Mad props to my family.

Just wanted to say that I love my family very much. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night and think "Wow! I have a great family."

My dad left for Ireland on sunday. I got an e-mail today saying how he already missed us. It was pretty nice.

Almost every day, someone stops me on the street and says "Are you Nowel's daughter? She's a great lady." Keep in mind, Calgary is a big city. My mom knows everyone.
Today, my mom gave me a $100 gift certificate to Safeway. Maybe normal people wouldn't get excited about grocery gift certificates, but I was pretty sure that it was the greatest thing ever. This evening, my mom, sister, and I went to get some groceries. I think I'll make my mom some cookies...She's a super gal.

This brings me to my sister...In 24 hours, she has done two awesome things:
I was feeling a bit camp-sick, so I asked her to have a grape-eating contest with me. I hadn't been food-challenged since August (butterscotch pudding challenge against Billy Litner), and my sister was an awesome opponent (we can't decide who won...things got a bit blurry).
Then, tonight she came home at about 11PM and made me a great snack...For no reason! Before he left, my dad told us to take care of each other...She's doing an awfully good job. I hope I'm doing a good job too.

I should hop into bed, tomorrow is my last day at work (then I begin my awesome new job at the liquor store).
I'm going to try to be as professional and nice as I can tomorrow. I will pretend that I actually liked the job. Even if I feel like being a jerk, and telling my boss all of the things that are wrong with the job, I will keep my cool and be as pleasant as possible....It is the right thing to do.

Night!

No comments: