Friday, November 19, 2004

The Bow River is very chilly in November.

I was on my way home from work today on the bus, and we passed over the 10th Street bridge. I looked down at the river, and got off at the next stop. I crossed the street and walked to the bank of the river. I rolled up my pants and waded in until the water was above my knees. The water was freezing, and my feet were numb in a minute, and I had to get out. Still, I'm glad I waded in. I don't really know why I did it, I guess I just miss the fresh water of Bantam Lake. Going to the pool is not the same....I know that Bantam Lake is full of weeds and dead fish, but some of my best memories are in and around it.

My sister said to me the other day: " How does it feel to spend most of your year waiting for two measly months?"
I'm sure she meant it as a bit of a negative thing, but it got me thinking....It feels pretty fantastic.

I may have just made one of the best CDs I've ever made, let me know if you want a copy...Initially, I made it for a package that I'm constructing for Matt D, but it's so good that I want to share it with the world.

I have some really great news...Strange and awesome news. However, I can't tell anyone just yet. Let's just say that I took a page from the book of Jon Williams...

BTW, Nicole B. sent me a package that blew my mind. It was so good, it hurts me a little. Thank-you Nicole!!!!

No comments: