Saturday, November 20, 2004

A crappy day.

So, I'm writing this at about 8PM....The previous Nov. 20th posts were written last night after midnight before I got to bed. This morning I woke up because my phone was ringing. My mom called and said that my great-grandma had passed away, 6 days after we had flown across country to see her. This was not a shock, but still it was sad news. She will be buried in Arkona, Ontario, right next to my great-grandpa. Like my great-grandpa, she has asked to be buried with a picture of my sister and I in her pocket.

A little later on in the day, my sister and I drove my dad to the airport. I know that my dad leaves town a lot, but it never gets easier to say goodbye to him...My sister and I love him a lot.

As my sister and I got in the car, both emotionally exhausted, she turned to me and said: "You know what? Today has been a pretty crappy day."

Usually, Allison and I always go out on Saturdays, but I'm staying in tonight to reflect a bit (and do some laundry).

...Just wanted to thank Allison a ton for bringing me flowers today. I know it sounds stupid, but it really did help me feel a bit better. She is one super gal.

Tomorrow, assuming it's a better day, I'll reveal my secret, but I'll give you a hint tonight.....You know how I hate my job? Things may get a bit better.

No comments: