Thursday, November 25, 2004

Had a dream last night...

...A great dream about camp. Sometimes, memories get pushed into the back of my head, and I forget about them for a while. Last night, one of these memories came to me while I was dreaming.

This summer, on the 4th of July, Awosting had a social. I think most counselors look forward to socials, as it's pretty much one huge meat-market for the kids and adults. However, if you are an Awosting girl, then socials are a bit boring. We see the guys all day, so it's not really anything exciting for us. I totally understand how the Chinqueka girls must get excited, they don't see the guys much at all. Anyway, it's interesting to watch....For a while. Then it gets pretty dull.
It was starting to get dark outside, so we snuck a few kids out of the social (including the amazing Mr. Banfield) and sat on the benches at the waterfront and watched the fireworks instead of staying for the end, where the big kids all try to "get some". The fireworks were going off, I had the awesome members of the CLC with me (plus a few other counselors), some great kids were sitting quietly with us, and it was one of the warmest nights of the summer. I remember sitting there and thinking that the moment couldn't have been any more perfect.

Wow. Nice memory.

Just a quick note, Nicole informed me that people couldn't post comments on the site, but I unlocked it, and now everyone can comment until they're blue in the face!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, This is tyler
Jeese, why wasn't i informed of the trip to waterfront, i love fireworks.


Also, when do you go on aim, your never on. go on at a time that coencides with my timezone. Maybe thats the problem.
Tyler Wood
The most mentally insane photo CIT ever

Anonymous said...

camp memories are lovely aren't they :)
~n

~sarah p. said...

Ty-Lah!!!
Yeah, I'm on AIm sometimes, but mostly when I get home from work at night at about 11PM my time (which is 1AM your time). I have tomorrow off of work, so maybe I'll catch you in the afternoon. That would be awesome, because I miss my crazy photo CIT. Real life sucks, I miss camp so much.