Monday, November 08, 2004

Generic trouble.

Since I've been back in Calgary, I've been losing weight...A lot of weight. My family is full of vegans, and being around them has kept me eating shockingly healthy. However, I'm at a point in my life where I don't want to lose any weight, as I don't want to have to buy new clothes, and I've finally gotten comfortable with myself. I've been desperately trying to curb this weight-loss (it's not working at all right now, but I need to give it some time). My plan includes a trip to the bakery once in a while, and tons of cheese.

Here in Canada, the best way to up your cheese intake is by eating KD. I went to the grocery store to get a decent supply, and found some generic KD that was half the cost. I figured that it couldn't be that different (I'd had some good experiences with generic products in the past) , so I bought a few boxes. I learned a hard lesson that day:

Generic Honey= Really good.
Generic Ramen= Can't tell the difference.
Generic Dish Soap= Reasonable facsimile.
Generic Diet Coke=Will drink it if I'm poor.
Generic deodorant=Probably not a good idea.
Generic KD= Hell in a box.

From now on, I'll spend the extra 30 cents.
Night!


No comments: