Monday, November 01, 2004

I believe the proper term is "gypped".

So, I go into work today, and the manager wants to have a quick talk with me...It turns out that they "accidentally" hired too many people, so my hours will have to be cut back (by 20 hours a week!).
At first, I was a bit pissed...20 hours is a lot! However, I realized that maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

First of all, while still working at this job , I can look for a better job, as I can still survive quite easily on the 25 hours that they will be giving me each week....I'm always complaining about work (let's face it: I'm not a big fan of this position), so it's time to find something that is at least semi-enjoyable (even if it isn't photography-related...I can always wait for camp to get my photo-teacher inclinations out of my system).

Second of all, I have a small project on the horizon: I have begun to help Ron spread toccer around the world. For those of you that don't know, Ron Bronson, an american friend of mine, invented the world's greatest game....Toccer! Even though I am the world's least athletic person, I believe in this game, and I believe in the inventor. Ron and I have been exchanging some ideas, and have agreed that it's time to get some canadian kids in on the action. Kids love toccer!

For more toccer info, check out www.toccer.com

For more info on Ron, check out his site @ www.ishouldstudymore.net (includes an awesome awosting message board).

Well, must get to bed (last night I had a dream that my teeth were falling out, but I woke up in the middle of it....I'm hoping to continue it tonight, to see how it pans out....A possible trip to the dreamland dentist?). Night!

No comments: