Saturday, November 20, 2004

Dad's leaving.

...It's actually a good thing! Let me start by saying that my dad is the type of person I hope to become. My family consists of my sister, my mom, my dad, and I. My parents are separated but remain very good friends. Here's the kicker: my sister looks a lot like my dad, but has the argumentative and strong personality of my mom (I'm not saying this in a bad way, they're both not afraid to stick up for what they believe in). I look like my mom, but have the amiable and easy-going personality of my dad (meaning that we're both huge push-overs).
I feel very fortunate to have the personality of my father...He's a great guy.
Today, at 6pm, my dad leaves for Ireland. My dad has lived on and off in Europe for the past few years. He believes in following your heart....He doesn't feel like he should be in Canada. He loves us, but needs to be in another country. However, this time, his job-situation is a bit different. Normally, he works under contract. This time, he's found a permanent job. Although I'll miss him, I'm super proud of him (and, you know, the whole "visiting dad in a foreign country" factor is not too shabby either). I've seen lots of Great Britain, but have never traveled over to Ireland...Could be a good adventure.

Been listening to a band called "Stars" lately...Really good stuff. Check out a few samples here.

I'm excited to tell everyone my awesome secret....However, not quite yet. I just need to set a few things in stone, and then I'll reveal it to everyone....It's going to be good.

No comments: