Monday, November 22, 2004

A scary story.

Okay, so before I begin, you should turn off your lights in your house. Oh, and you should pretend that I am at your house with you, and I am holding a flashlight up to my face. Plus, I am speaking in a scary voice.

The story I am about to tell you is 100% true.

It all began when I moved into my new house, a couple of months ago. This is an old house, and creepy things are bound to happen, but check this out:

The third day that I was living here, I picked up the phone to make a call. I looked down at the numbers on the phone, only they had all disappeared! There was not any special keypad cover or anything...The numbers were painted on the keys. The phone used to be my mom's, and she remembers that the numbers were painted on as well, so I'm not kidding myself at all. One day they were on the phone, and then the next day they were all gone. Even my dad, who is the most level-headed person I know, said "Wow, That's spooky".

The next scary thing happened about a month later. I had the Kill Bill soundtrack for a few months, and I had listened to it a million times. I knew each track off by heart. One day I go to listen to it, but something is strange...Track #1, Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang", begins to play, but there are no vocals on the track. Days earlier, I had listened to the cd and it was fine. I searched on the internet to see if I could find an explanation, but I learned that, unlike records, cds are recorded with the vocals on the track every time. I found this strange, but is gets stranger...About a week later, I went to play another cd. This one was a mix I had made, and I listened to it quite often. Like my Kill Bill Soundtrack, I knew each track off by heart. I get to the song "I Put a Spell on You" , bu Screamin' Jay Hawkins, and the vocals have disappeared off of that track too!!! Just to make sure it was not my stereo, I played the cds on my computer and discman. Still no vocals. So strange.

This last one is the scariest...Last night, while I was sleeping, I was punched in the back...Hard. Here's the thing: I was alone in the house. Of course, after I was woken up, I got up and turned all the lights on in the house. My cats and dog were sleeping in the living room. I checked all over the house, but couldn't find anything abnormal (seriously, my house is like Fort Knox, I don't think anyone could ever get in, especially with my dog, Jake, watching over me). I went back to bed, as I figured it was all a dream. However, when I got up this morning to take a shower, I was shocked...I have a huge bruise on my back where I felt the punch. Creepy!!!



In nicer news, I only have two days left at my horrible job, and then I begin full-time at the liquor store. Pretty happy about that, although I hate to leave Wenda all alone. She has been my comrade for a couple of months now, and I'm really going to miss being around her.

It snowed today in Calgary. This is about the fourth time that it has snowed, but it just keeps melting. I'm sure, pretty soon, that it will get quite cold.....I just hope it doesn't happen too soon.

No comments: