Sunday, January 09, 2005

Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler... (Alternate title: Top-notch first dates, and the stuff you wish you could know about them, but can't.)


Tonight at work, Matt, my manager, says " I don't feel like doing any actual work tonight. We are not allowed to do any proper work tonight, okay?"
So I'm like "No problem."
I spent my entire night making jewelry out of staples. Like my bracelet? You can make your own with a row of staples and eight hours of free time.
When I get bored, I like to start huge projects, and then I try to finish a bit of the project every day. For example, in high school, I was in this math class that was way too easy, so I was always bored to tears. So, I started drawing this huge scene of a trailer park that covered the whole span of the desktop. Every day, I would draw a new trailer or a some new trailer trash. I worked on it for two months, and every square of the desk was covered with this fun trailer park scene. One day, I went into class, and the desks had been washed. Still, it certainly passed the time.
Sooooo....At work, I'm thinking of starting a huge project involving staples. Possibly some sort of statue? I don't know yet.


Hey! So I had the best first date ever last night. You heard me, the BEST. Yeah....I'm not going to say any more, but I'm pretty jazzed about the whole deal.


Here's a good thing to watch. It's a Letterman Top Ten list with Napoleon Dynamite. The link sucks pretty hard (and you have to have realplayer). When you get to the page, refresh your browser and the little realplayer window should pop up. It loads pretty slowly, but I'm pretty sure it's worth the wait.

Pretty tired, so I'm going to go to bed soon. Allison, call me and let me know what your schedule is (and don't let "the man" work you too hard....You need days off, too).

Birthday in T-Minus 6 days. Son of a bitch. I don't even know what I'm doing.

BTW: Cut the waist off another pair of pants tonight....Good pants turned into great pants. Props to Melony for teaching me how to make my pants look radical. Props to Melony for being Melony. I need to get down to Cali for a visit. Possible CLC roadtrip? Holla.

Love you guys. Night.

No comments: