Saturday, January 22, 2005

A little belated birthday action.

Before I say anything, let's discuss Karouzo's, which is where we had the party last night. Karouzo's is a small-ish restaurant (which, by the way, has some pretty amazing food) with a lounge in the back. The patrons wouldn't ever be mistaken for the "cool kids". Almost everyone that goes there lives within a 5-block radius. Last night, the bar was full of a mix of liquor store employees, liquor store patrons, pool sharks, and people I pass by on a day-to-day basis. This one guy came up to me and was like "Hey! I know you...My dog tried to hump your dog."

I got pretty slaughtered last night. Luckily, the bar is 3 blocks away from my house, so getting home was not a problem. All of us drank a ton. I feel sorry for Melanie, who had to work at 10AM today. Maybe she called in sick, I would have....I've, ummm, been known to take an extra day off here and there due to, let's just say, exhaustion.

I was everyone's best friend last night. I was making people that I'd just met sing songs with me, I was giving out high-fives like it was going out of style...Pretty fun night.

The best line of the night came from Selina. She was talking to this guy, I think his name was Glen....We'll call him Glen.

Glen: "I just have to go and give my friends their coats, and then I'll drive you home."
Selina: "Okay. I just puked. Wait....Are your friends hot?"

...Maybe you had to be there.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty okay today, surprisingly. Nice!

No comments: