Sunday, January 23, 2005

Link'd up...

So, I promised links a few days ago, so here they are....

Here's a great little flash animation. At first, it may seem boring, but trust me on this one.

25 best Family Guy moments of all time. Yeah.

Photos from the set of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze. Look at the guy in the suit...I like his hat. I wonder if he wears it sometimes when his head is inside the costume. I would.

Look! You can measure yourself up against all sorts of public figures. Apparently, I need to start hanging around Danny Devito, Janeane Garofalo, Kristi Yamaguchi, Nicole Eggert (remember her? She was a trainwreck.), Pat Benetar, and Tammy Faye Baker if I ever want to feel like I'm, ummm, a normal height.
I beat Gary Coleman by 4 inches....Take that, Arnold Jackson! That's what I'm talking about, Willis.

This is one of my favorite blogs.

Let's get serious for a second: I do not care for Nickelback. In fact, I'd like to challenge the lead singer to a cage-match. Hating Nickelback has brought some really nice things into my life....
Anyway, here's a dude that has made it his life goal to educate people about their poor choices in music.

The New York Times finally posted their "Year in Pictures". Always worth a look.

Here's a site full of astronaut photography...Pick a region of the earth, and have a look at it from space.

And now....Some shoutouts to some amazing artists:

-Mark Yamamoto, an incredible multimediast. Please check out his demo reel...It's shockingly good.

-Nick Barat, who is a great graphic designer and DJ, has a great little webpage.

-Mingering Mike's page is under construction at the moment, but should be back up soon.

-Here's a great street art site.



...I'm getting my slides together right now...It's time for a Calgary show. Calgary is not the best city to have a proper gallery opening, but I'm feeling very antsy, like I'm not moving forward at all...I need to get back into the old habits of living and breathing photography....That means not much of a social life, but maybe it's all worth it sometimes? I don't know.There's too many artists in this city, and not enough space. Bah.


I've been missing my CLC girls a lot lately (past and present members). I love you girls, and can't wait to live with you again this summer!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty awesome sites! Don't have a lot of time to check them out right now, but I scanned each breifly. You can't get a clear picture of NOVA SCOTIA on that space site :( I was disapointed.

Also the photos were fun. I have a couple of pics to post on my site too...will get to that later today.

and one last thing, I am glad you are going to do a show in calgary. Sounds like you need to do some photo stuff now that you are getting sick of the liquor store.
~n