Sunday, December 26, 2004

Boxing Day.

For all of my American pals, Boxing day is the equivalent of your day-after-Thanksgiving. It's a day where most people go shopping. However, I'm not about to brave the sales at the mall.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. My sister, mom, uncle, not-quite-stepdad, and I got together at about 4PM. A pretty fun bunch of kids, so I knew the night would be decent. We're not a normal family, christmas-wise. We don't really "do" the whole presents thing, although I did get a sweet new backpack from my grandma that lives in Ontario. Christmas is all about having a strange meal with my strange family members. Anyway, we had Ukrainian food this year (sometimes we have Greek, or Ethiopian, or Chinese). My family doesn't really drink, but last night was a bit of an exception. Lawrence, my not-quite-stepdad, pulls out about 20 bottles and starts playing bartender. He's mixing drinks like that time Duncan Fong got behind the bar at Ditto's for the first time. By the end, Lawrence, my Uncle Dale, and I are all pretty sauced. We spend the rest of the night telling old family stories to Lawrence, and my stomach hurts today from laughing so hard.

My dad called my mom's house last night, he's starting to sound like an Irishman. His "r" sound is harder now. I already can't wait to go see him... I just have to make some money to get over there first.

I'm going to Chinatown today, and then I'm going back to my mom's tonight, as my not-quite-stepsister, Bonnie, is coming in from Winnipeg.

Hope you all had a good holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duncan Fong @ Ditto's always = good times. (espcially when he's behind the bar)

another key moment from Ditto's = TIDAL WAVES! (watch out Andreas!) Speaking of tidal waves,....crazy earthquake eh?

~sarah p. said...

Duncan Fong anytime= good times.

The first time I had a tidal wave, I kinda knew what was coming, but I wanted the free shot...Really wanted the free shot.
I was not there the night that Andreas had the big tidal wave incident, although I was shocked and amazed the next day when I heard all about it, and I hugged Andreas for 15 minutes after I heard what happened.

Love Andreas!!!!
Although I don't think he was asked back this year.