Friday, December 31, 2004

Fifty mini-bottles of Crown Royal? Check.

Okay, so it's only 30. Seriously, I have 30 little bottles of whiskey. I don't even like whiskey, but if Jon and Rob have taught me anything, it's that I can't ever refuse sauce. I will eventually drink all thirty bottles.
My sister is away, so I thought it would be kind of funny to hide the little bottles all over the house until I'm ready to drink them all. I jammed a bottle into the toaster. I put them in between the cushions on the couch. I hid one under her pillow, so when she comes home she'll think that she was visited by the whiskey fairy. My sister doesn't drink much at all, so she won't drink them when she finds them. There is an added bonus in all of this: one day, a year down the road, I'll be cleaning the house, and I'll find some little bottles in a hiding spot. It will make me so happy.....Yes.

Getting ready for New Year's Eve. I work until 8:30, so I'll probably be home at 9. I'm trying to get some of my stuff together so that it's easier to get out the door tomorrow night. Here is my list I made:

-Brand new pack of name-tags for hilarious fun? Check.
-Huge bottle of champagne? Check.
-Sweet-ass scarf so I can copy Melony? Check.
-Massive bottle of water in the fride to drink before I stumble into bed? Check.
-Tylenol beside my bed for in the morning? Check.
-Mini bottles of liquor in my bag to drink on my way home from work? Check.
-Ultimate mix CD, Volume 3, made especially for New Year's? Check.

Okay, I have to be to work in the morning, so I'm off to bed. Promise some photos of my adventures.

By the way: Ron called me at 1AM from Wyoming and we spoke for an hour. It was pretty nice to hear a familiar american voice. I don't make enough long distance calls, considering that 97% of all of my greatest pals live far, far away from me.

Nicole, have a drink or six for me tonight. I miss getting sauced with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn you are efficient!!!!!!! I love that you are that ready to party that you have planned in advance to have all those essential party supplies ready! My dad taught me that organization is the key to success! and I agree there is nothing worse than going to someones house to pick them up for a party and they are running around trying to get everything in order....People like you and me Sarah we are an always accecssible party type. Last night I waited for my ride to the bar for 20 minutes I was that prepared!
I definatley had some drinks for you, I was talking about you last night to my friend James who lives in Alberta.... Last night was an Ultra Fun Sauce-tastic night. Lots and Lots of drinks...... YUM!
~n

Anonymous said...

This is Sara D. I trust you agree that Nap D had the best dance sequence ever.
Write me I miss you.