Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Real mail!!!!

So, I got a pretty amazing package today. Two amazing packages in a month? I must be dreaming....
First, there was Nicole's package, full of east-coast goodies. Today, it was a package from Miss Melony B, full of some pretty great stuff. A postcard from her trip to Italy, a huge red lifesaver, which was immediately consumed, a scarf, similar to the one she wore around camp last summer, and an amazing cd.

Let's talk about the cd for a minute: it was full of CLC and camp memories. For example, remember when the CLC was going to school the chinqueka girls in a dance-off, so we kept listening to Usher's "Yeah" over and over to think of some moves? That's right, the cd has "Yeah" on it. Remember when Justin Timberlake became a staple at late-night CLC dance parties? Yep, definitely some Timberlake on the cd. Remember when Melony came back from her family reunion, and we put on "Cecilia" and did some CLC bonding? Remember when Nicole, Melony, and I were singing "Stacy's Mom" in the line to get into the drama production? I sure do.
Of course, the entire CD begins with "Brick House". What awosting cd (made after summer 2004) could be without it?

Anyway, I put the cd in my discman and walked to work. I was standing at the corner of 16th Avenue and Centre Street (a very busy intersection) and actually applauding as the songs came on.

Anyway, the point of the story is that I like mail.

Thanks, Melony!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bahahahaha! I heard Stacy's mom the other day and couldn't help but think about the time we sang it!

That's awesome! :P

Mail is awesome, I got my DVD yesterday and I watched it with my little brother last night, ahhhh good times.

~n