Monday, December 06, 2004

Kool-Aid: It Might Be Good For You

So, I'm still not feeling well...At all.
My mom stops by today, and hands me some medicine. She also hands me something else....I look up at her and ask "What's this?" She says to me "It's Kool-Aid, it might be good for you right now."
Those who know my mom know that she has never, ever said that Kool-Aid "might be good" for someone. She is a health-nut. Anyway, it's lime-flavoured, and I'm sure it's delicious, so I'll probably have some in a bit.

I've become very shaky. I think I should get a job at the paint store as a paint-can shaker. Tomorrow I am going back to work no matter what. I'm bored out of my mind at home.

Okay, as promised, here are a few awesome links:

- X-Entertainment . No, It's not what it sounds like. It's safe for all to view, and it's a spectacular site.

-Andy Milonakis' videos . Andy is probably one of the funniest guys on the planet.

-Mr T. vs Everything . It's impossible not to love Mr. T.

-What Would Uncle Jesse Do? You need to look at this site. Just trust me on this one.

-Diesel Dreams . Okay, so it's an ad campaign, but the site is full of strange and wonderful short films.

-Kontraband . Just check this one out....It takes a minute to load, so be patient.

-Largehearted Boy's Best Albums of '04 . Wow, some really great downloads.

Guess that's all for now.

Today, I leave you with a paragraph that I found about mix-tapes:

"It's a distinct and painful memory shared by music lovers of a certain age. You spend a couple hours recording a wicked awesome mix tape for a friend, or a lover, or (most often) someone in the uncertain terrain between. You fill it with songs cunningly chosen to simultaneously bare your heart and play it cool. You nervously hand it over—"Yeah, no big deal, but I made you this." Two weeks later, you ask how much she loved it, and when she shrugs, you feel a hot flush of shame. Face it: Your mix tape sucks."

Kinda sums it up nicely, doesn't it?


No comments: